I made you muffins. Again.
Are you over it yet? Muffins? I’m never over muffins. Then again, I’m never over food. Hence I do food for a living. I think about it, cook it, eat it, dream it, stuff it in my face every. single. day.
I’ll never be over it.
Did you stop reading?
I like these because they’re different. Not quite so sweet, a little more on the savory side. Extremely moist (can’t they just replace this word in the dictionary with something else not completely disgusting sounding), and packed with light summery flavors.
Do you know the trick to keeping your blueberries from all sinking to the bottom of your muffins?
Dust them with a little bit of flour. Just a dusting. It keeps them afloat throughout the batter.
Have you been to your local farmer’s market recently? I can’t handle the berries. And by saying I can’t handle them, what I really mean is I want ALL THE BERRIES. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries. It’s so good. It’s so summer!
Another thing I can’t handle is how is it possible that it’s JUNE?! While it’s officially summer in my brain, it’s like real world officially summer in less than 2 weeks! Whaaaaaat?
I think you should make these this summer.
Which means now.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Chopped almonds
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners and set aside. In a bowl whisk together the flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2) In a separate bowl whisk the ricotta, oil, milk, egg, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
3) Fold in the blueberries. Scoop batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full and top with some chopped almonds. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.