I’m ALWAYS looking for new chicken recipes. Always.
Well you guys, these chicken cutlet zucchini roll ups are IT. They’re super flavorful, easy to whip up, and the whole family can enjoy them.
Stuffed chicken in general, first of all sounds gross, and second of all, seems difficult to make.
Plus, who has crazy insane amounts of zucchini growing in their garden right now? (ME ME ME!) I need more ways to use it up other than zucchini bread (which by the way is coming soon to a blog near you).
- 8 thin chicken cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini about 2 small zucchini, or 1 large
- 1 shallot chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1) Wash and pat dry cutlets. Sprinkle both sides with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 425°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
2) In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium/high heat. Add zucchini and shallot, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until veggies begin to soften. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Turn off the heat and add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese. Once cooled, add the mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.
3) Lay the chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 1-3 tablespoons of the zucchini-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep the seam side down.
4) Combine panko, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese in one bowl and in a second bowl combine the lemon juice and olive oil.
5) Dip the rolled chicken in the lemon-oil mixture, then in panko mixture and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray tops with oil spray.
6) Bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Skinny Taste