That’s right. It’s Pizza Day! July 15th. The 15th of every month I have the pleasure of creating a new pizza and eating the entire thing.
Well, I guess I don’t need to eat the entire thing, but come on. Don’t tell me you haven’t done it.
You guys, I’m ALL about this pizza. Can we talk about the beauty and deliciousness of these heirloom tomatoes? It’s too much. They’re perfection, and paired with the creamy ricotta? Mind blown.
My favorite part about this pizza is its simplicity. Pizza dough, cheese, tomatoes. It tastes like summer.
I love it as an appetizer, snack, main course. It’s simple and bold flavors are the perfect summer pizza, and I’m proud to be eating this pizza today!
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough (or store bought), at room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- Torn basil, sea salt, & fresh cracked pepper for garnish
- 1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread the dough into a circle on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- 2) Brush oil onto pizza dough. Sprinkle evenly with dried basil and parmesan cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
- 3) Remove from oven and turn on the broiler. Spread ricotta over pizza. Then place the tomatoes evenly on pizza and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes until tomatoes start to soften. Remove and garnish with torn basil, a pinch of sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Happy happy Pizza Day! How are you celebrating?
Click HERE for last months pizza recipe!