It’s officially spring, which means it’s officially guac o’ clock.
I’ll tell you who. Rafi.
Rafi makes THE. BEST. GUAC. EVER. I’m so lucky because a) he’s one of our best friends, b) he lives around the corner, and c) he makes the best guac ever. Oh, did I mention that already?
Rafi and Josh of Form are two of our closest friends who we met about 5 years ago when we were referred to them as amazing designers to help us with our first home. They were of course, nothing short of fabulous, and that designer/client relationship quickly turned into a friendship that will last a lifetime. A friendship based on inappropriate jokes, laughter, and lots of love.
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to make it as good as Rafi does, but I sure as hell will never stop trying!
There’s nothing fancy about the recipe, and I’ve done my very best to replicate the exact taste. A lot of it has to do with the sweetness of your avocados and tomatoes. So pick em’ good!
If it’s still snowing where you live, you can pretend it feels like spring with Rafi’s rockin’ guacamole. Seriously? I’m so lame.
- 4 large hass avocados
- Juice from 2-3 limes (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- Large handful chopped cilantro
- 1) In a large bowl, mash together the avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- 2) Add the cherry tomatoes, onions, jalapeño, and cilantro, and stir to combine. Adjust salt and pepper if desired and serve with your choice of chips. I like to serve with multigrain or blue corn chips.