Spring is all about fresh, simple food. Don’t we all want a dish that’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and makes enough to last a couple of days? Yes please!
Lots of colorful veggies tossed together with the fluffy quinoa make for the perfect side dish. Throw in some diced chicken, or top with grilled salmon for a picture perfect meal!
I love how versatile quinoa can be. It’s great in soups and stews, burgers, and more. But my favorite way to eat it is simply dressed and tossed with seasonal ingredients.
Feel free to jazz this up however you like. Add cheese, nuts, or even a little avocado. Then don’t forget to pack it up for lunch tomorrow!
And add it to your weeknight menu.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock or water)
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1) Rinse quinoa under running water. Add quinoa to a saucepan and stir in 2 cups of chicken stock. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2) Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, red onion, corn, cucumber, and mint. Stir to combine. Add the dressing and stir to coat. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to serve. This dish is best cold or room temp.
- 1) Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt until combined.
Then invite me over to eat.