Restaurant-quality steak made at home? Yeah, we can do that! Start with The Best Balsamic Steak Marinade for a smooth and classic flavor in every bite.
I love making steak at home. It’s the fastest way to make an at-home dinner feel intentional and special! Plus, you can use leftovers to top a salad and make an absolutely incredible lunch. I make this this 5-Minute Balsamic Steak Marinade all the time for Balsamic Grilled Hangar Steak or Flank Steak Sliders. All you have to do is measure and whisk the ingredients, and it stores for up to six months. I usually double or triple this recipe so I can use it whenever!
Ingredients in Balsamic Steak Marinade
This Balsamic Steak Marinade has a vinegar and soy sauce base, so I balanced those tangy, umami flavors with a bit of brown sugar for the perfect coating for your favorite steak.
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos – Coconut aminos are a gluten-free alternative to soy sauce that I actually prefer! They’re usually right next to the soy sauce at the grocery store.
- Balsamic vinegar – Balsamic vinegar is thick, tart, and tangy, so it’s perfect for a marinade because it perfectly coats your steak.
- Rice wine vinegar – Rice wine has more acidity than balsamic, so I used just a couple tablespoons to add some bite to the marinade.
- Brown sugar – We need a little sweetness in the mix! A hint of brown sugar make everything better.
- Lime juice – My secret ingredient is almost always a squeeze of citrus. I love the way it makes every other flavor in the dish pop!
- Garlic cloves – Mince your garlic as small as possible, or send it through a garlic press! This recipe uses four garlic cloves, so you can reduce it to two or three if you don’t love garlic.
- Salt and pepper – Adjust these to your own preference, starting with just 1/4 teaspoon of each.
Pour this marinade over your favorite cut of steak and let it marinade for four hours (or even overnight!) before grilling or broiling it to tasty, juicy, flavorful perfection.
Food Photography by Ashley CuocoPrint
Restaurant-quality steak made at home? Yeah, we can do that! Start with The Best Balsamic Steak Marinade for a smooth and classic steak flavor in every bite.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk gently until well combined. Store in an airtight jar or container for up to 6 months. Yields a little over ½ cup. Can easily double or triple the recipe to make more!
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes! Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!