I’ve been CRAVING a really good side dish lately. Well, it’s more like a side dish/lunch/dinner/salad. I LOVE this Broccoli Quinoa Salad, like a lot.
It’s nothing fancy. In fact, it’s SO simple. But those are the best dishes in my opinion. When you have simple, fresh, good quality ingredients, it makes the best food.
I also love roasting broccoli. The crispy edges and perfectly tender center make for just the right consistency in this dish.
Finish it with a little parmesan and some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Voila!
It’s great alone, as a side, and it goes with EVERYTHING. Keep this one in your back pocket for sure.
Roasted Broccoli Quinoa Salad
- Yield: 4 1x
Roasted Broccoli Quinoa Salad is a great side side or quick lunch.
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, about 4–5 cups
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a large sheet pan add the broccoli, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss until evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 16-18 minutes until broccoli begins to brown and is fork tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a large bowl. Add the roasted broccoli, almonds, parmesan, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to combine and serve!
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes
This is the perfect side dish for any picnic! Love it!
Oh, this salad looks amazing! What a great lunch!
I love anything with broccoli!
Making it as a side dish for Passover ( without cheese or almonds due to guests allergies) 1) can I make day before or should it be day of 2) with those two ingredients omitted anything else I should add for flavor? Thanks!
Life is but a Dish
Yum! Without the cheese you might need to add a little more salt. But otherwise you should be ok!
This looks so good! I think I’ll be trying it for lunch soon. Does it work well for eating chilled?
Life is but a Dish
Yes you can totally eat it chilled!