I love me a good salmon recipe. Even more, I love me a good and EASY salmon recipe. I’m definitely one to just brush some salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper and pop it in the oven. Simply delicious. But throw a little butter and brown sugar on there, and you’ve got something special.
It takes minimal prep work to make a meal feel fancy, and taste delish. In case you haven’t noticed, that’s kinda how I roll.
Make people think you worked a lot harder than you actually did.
Butter Baked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pounds salmon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Chopped scallions
- 1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter and mix together with the brown sugar until well combined.
- 2) Place the salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet, and brush with the butter mixture. Sprinkle evenly with salt, and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes. In the last few minutes of cooking place under the broiler to create that golden color.
- 3) Remove and finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and chopped scallions.