Remember last week when I told you about my latest obsession? Fennel. Well, I’m still obsessing over it, but I’ve added to my obsessions list. CABBAGE!
I realize these might seem like weird things to obsess over. There are most likely more exciting things in life than fennel and cabbage. Just give me my moment, okay?
I mean come ON! Look at how purdy that is! Also, cabbage is a completely underrated veggie. It’s packed with vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and it’s a great source of fiber! WHO KNEW?! Apparently not me.
Spring is literally next week, NEXT WEEK! How? Also, how are there snow storms on the east coast right now, and we’re swimming in 90 degrees in SoCal?
As soon as the weather turns for you midwest and east coasters, you’re gonna love whipping up this salad. Or better yet, why wait?
I serve this with a whole grain mustard apple cider vinegar dressing thats to die for!
Feeds a crowd, or makes great leftovers for the week!
Cabbage Salad w/ Apple, Cucumber & Avocado
- Yield: 6 people 1x
- ½ head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup edamame
- 1 persian cucumber, sliced
- ½ apple, small diced
- ⅓ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 avocado, diced
Apple Cider Vinegar Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Add the cabbage, edamame, cucumber and apple to a large bowl. Toss with dressing until well coated. Add the avocado and toss carefully. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a comment & rate this recipe