I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You can never have too many good chicken recipes! Am I right, or am I right?
Though maybe not the MOST beautiful picture you’ve ever seen, this crispy, crunchy, NOT FRIED fried chicken is gonna be your new go-to recipe for everything delicious! It couldn’t be easier to make… Toss with lots of spices and bake in the oven!
That’s it! Really.
You can thank me later. As for now? Go get the ingredients and make this for dinner tonight!
Faux Fried Chicken
- 2 pounds bone in, skin on chicken parts breasts, legs, and/or wings
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl add the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Roll the chicken parts into the spice mixture, tapping off any excess and set aside.
- Place the butter onto a baking sheet or large cast iron skillet. Place it in the oven until the butter melts. This only take a minute or two so watch it closely!
- Remove pan from oven and place the chicken on it skin side down. Bake for 35 minutes, then turn chicken over and cook for another 15-20 minutes until skin is crispy!