Just like that it’s 2019. I thought about what I wanted to publish for my first new recipe of the year and I realized I wanted something easy, quick and delicious. I guess not much different than most of my other recipes, but this recipe is one that I make in my very own kitchen at least 3-4 times a week. It’s the perfect post workout or easy breakfast smoothie and you wanna know the best part? It tastes like a chocolate milkshake. Except it’s good for you! Yes, it’s possible.
It’s got everything you need to help keep you full for hours. And for all you sweet tooth people, I think you’ll be fully satisfied.
Feel free to use less liquid if you like your smoothies thicker. I think you’re gonna love this one and I can’t wait to see you try it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 tablespoons your favorite nut butter (any kind)
- 1/2 frozen sliced banana (can use 2-3 pitted dates instead)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (can also sub for 1 scoop chocolate protein powder)
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder (I use Vital Proteins collagen)
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1 handful ice
- Add all ingredients into a high powdered blender and blend on high for 20-30 seconds until smooth. Feel free to use less milk if you want your smoothie a little thicker. Adding the chia seeds will help keep you full longer.