Hooooolyyyyyy cowwww. I cannot believe how much food I’ve consumed over the past five days. Why do I do this to myself? Why do we all do this? I’m not alone, right? I always have such high hopes going into Thanksgiving weekend. Hopes of having even the smallest bit of will power when it comes to mashed potatoes, stuffing, and sweet potato casserole. Or worse, those dark chocolate chunk oatmeal peanut butter cookies that I just HAD to have. Those are what really put me over the edge this time.
It has to stop. The madness must stop! At least for a little while, until the rest of the holiday madness starts up again. Shall we talk about resetting for a moment? After I eat the amount of indulgent food that I did, my body is craving something healthy.
But I can’t just do straight leafy greens in a bowl. I need something heartier than that, and this salad is the perfect answer.
You know me and my salads. It’s all about the different textures for me. I’m obsessed with the chopped raw broccolini in this salad, and paired with the sweet apple and salty parmesan, it’s a match made in heaven.
So come on, let’s at least pretend like we’re gonna eat healthy for the rest of the year. At least it’ll taste good.
- 1 bunch finely chopped Lacinato kale stems removed (about 5-6 cups)
- 8 ounces broccolini finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 small apple diced
- Shaved parmesan for garnish
- 5-6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-5 tablespoons water
1) Add the kale, broccolini, almonds and apples to a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the lemon juice, tahini and salt until well combined. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the dressing reaches your desired consistency.
2) Toss salad with dressing until well coated and sprinkle salad with shaved parmesan.