I have this ongoing list of recipes that I want to make. Literally, I’ve designated an entire notebook just for these ideas. Can I tell you, some form of white bean chili has been on there FOR.EV.ER.
Then a few months ago I saw my friend Kristy make this on her Instagram stories and game over. I needed this Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili in my life, and I needed it now.
The first time I made this recipe I did it in my slow cooker, as she originally created it. It was delicious. I planned ahead, I had the time and I made it for a good friend who was coming over for dinner. Devine is a drastic understatement for how delicious it was.
The second time I made this dish I tried it in the Instant Pot and I gotta say, I loved it even more! It took 30 minutes from start to finish, and tasted like it had been cooking all freaking day.
5 million of you guys asked for the recipe so guess what… It’s here, forever! For you!
It’s easy, delicious and I can’t wait to hear how much you love it too!
The Home Cook’s Guide to Salt
Learn about the basics of salt, plus the best salt for cooking (hint: it’s Kosher salt!) with this easy-to-understand guide to salt for home cooks.
An easy and delicious white chicken chili that can be made in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- diced avocado and/or tortilla chips for topping (optional)
For the Instant Pot:
- Place everything up through the salt into the instant pot, seal, and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Let natural release for 10 minutes then remove chicken, shred, and return to pot. Stir together and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve as is or with avocado and chips.
For the Slow Cooker:
- Place everything up through the salt into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours (or high for 2-4).
- Remove chicken, shred, and return to the slow cooker. Stir together and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve as is or with avocado and chips.
*Recipe inspired by Kristy Denney