I have no idea why I have never posted this recipe before. It’s one of those so super simple, almost too easy to be considered a recipe recipes, BUT everybody should know the basics when it comes to roasting vegetables. Especially when it comes to brussels sprouts. The dreaded sprout by so many people! I promise, if you can nail this simple technique, Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts will become your new go-to side dish.
These are the perfect match for any easy weeknight meal, and fancy enough for your holiday table! You can leave them plain, or dress ’em up with a little balsamic, maple syrup or soy sauce! You’re the boss!
It’s actually a VERY simple process. Place your sprouts on a baking sheet, toss them with olive oil and a few spices, then roast in the oven until crispy perfection.
You know what I’m talking about. Those crispy outer leaves? They’re my favorite!
Now go ahead and whip up a tray of these sprouts for dinner tonight, next week and forever more.
Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved if large (I cut some in half and leave the smaller ones whole)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the brussels sprouts to a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder until evenly coated.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Serve immediately.