With A LOT of chocolate drizzle. Obviously. It took all my strength not to dunk the entire macaroon into the bowl of melted chocolate. If we’re being honest, it took my all not to drink the entire bowl of chocolate. So I settled for a heavy chocolate drizzle instead, and I would say it turned out to be far from settling. They’re simply perfection.
Passover is just a day away, and for those who observe the holiday, these super easy to make macaroons will save you in times of needing something sweet! And for those who don’t observe? These are equally delicious any day.
Don’t forget the chocolate!
Easy and delicious coconut macaroons that are soft and chewy on the inside with a chocolate drizzle on top.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, separate the egg whites from yolks and discard yolks. This is easiest done using COLD eggs. They will separate easier this way! Add in the sugar, salt, and vanilla and whisk until well combined. Add the coconut and mix until coconut is well coated with the mixture egg white mixture.
- Drop mixture by 1 heaping tablespoon mounds onto prepared baking sheets and shape into pyramids. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips either in a double boiler, or in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring frequently until melted. If you need to thin out the chocolate, add a splash of warmed milk or cream until you reach desired consistency. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over fully cooled macaroons. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or covered at room temp for 3 days.
I’m not mad about these. At all.