You wanna hear something crazy? I don’t think I had ever eaten fish tacos until this year? Is that possible? Now, I’m completely obsessed! I get them everywhere I go, and eat them at least once a week. I’m so much happier with a fish taco than any other kind of taco! Let me tell you, these Easy Fish Tacos changed my life. Ok, that’s a little dramatic, but you get it.
Then I thought to myself, why have I never made these at home? They’re so simple to pull together and perfect for a busy weeknight! Also, I just realized it Taco Tuesday, soooooooo….
When it comes to tacos, especially fish tacos, I like to keep them nice and simple. Let the fish be the star of the show! You can use any mild fish, I love halibut or tilapia the best.
Season it well, and add your favorite toppings.
A simple cabbage slaw, a little avo, salsa and some sour cream usually does the trick for me!
Don’t be afraid of these little guys. They’re AWESOME.
Easy Fish Tacos
- 1 pound tilapia, or any mild fish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 of purple cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced (I use a mandolin)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- pinch of salt
- splash of apple cider vinegar
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of the fish.
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat. Lightly spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray. Place the fish on the foil and put the foil directly onto the grill. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until fish is flakey and cooked through.
- While fish is cooking, prepare the cabbage. Add the cabbage to a bowl and toss with lime juice, pinch of salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Heat up tortillas on the grill or stove for about 30 seconds on each side. Then assemble the tacos! in each tortilla add a little fish and top with cabbage, avocado, salsa, sour cream and cilantro! Serve immediately!