You wanna hear something crazy? I don’t think I had ever eaten fish tacos until this year? Is that possible? Now, I’m completely obsessed! I get them everywhere I go, and eat them at least once a week. I’m so much happier with a fish taco than any other kind of taco! Let me tell you, these Easy Fish Tacos changed my life. Ok, that’s a little dramatic, but you get it.
Then I thought to myself, why have I never made these at home? They’re so simple to pull together and perfect for a busy weeknight! Also, I just realized it Taco Tuesday, soooooooo….
When it comes to tacos, especially fish tacos, I like to keep them nice and simple. Let the fish be the star of the show! You can use any mild fish, I love halibut or tilapia the best.
Season it well, and add your favorite toppings.
A simple cabbage slaw, a little avo, salsa and some sour cream usually does the trick for me!
Don’t be afraid of these little guys. They’re AWESOME.Print
Simple grilled fish tacos are full of bright flavors and perfect for a busy weeknight!
- 1 pound tilapia, or any mild fish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 of purple cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced (I use a mandolin)
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- pinch of salt
- splash of apple cider vinegar
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of the fish.
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat. Lightly spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray. Place the fish on the foil and put the foil directly onto the grill. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until fish is flakey and cooked through.
- While fish is cooking, prepare the cabbage. Add the cabbage to a bowl and toss with lime juice, pinch of salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Heat up tortillas on the grill or stove for about 30 seconds on each side. Then assemble the tacos! in each tortilla add a little fish and top with cabbage, avocado, salsa, sour cream and cilantro! Serve immediately!
Fish can also be cooked in the oven. Cook at 375 for about 15 minutes until flakey and cooked through.