I’m all about sneaking in a few extra veggies into my smoothies lately. Not because I don’t love veggies, because I do! But because why not? This Wild Blueberry Zucchini Smoothie is nutritious and delicious and I promise you don’t even taste that zucchini.
Remember a couple of months ago when I made this Strawberry Cauliflower Smoothie? You thought cauliflower was weird, but it worked! So just trust me on the zucchini, mmmmkay?
Whenever you add frozen veggies to smoothies, it’s ideal to steam them, cool then freeze them. Using steamed veggies makes them easier to digest, but if you simply don’t have the time, raw or raw/frozen will do just fine.
I also think one of the most important parts of making a smoothie is a good quality blender. Having a high powered blender makes all the difference in creating a smooth and creamy consistency. Nobody likes a chunky smoothie! This is my favorite blender of all time! It works miracles.
Happy smoothie making!
Wild Blueberry Zucchini Smoothie
- 1 banana (or sub for 2 pitted dates)
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (these add protein!)
- 1 cup frozen, chopped zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (any kind you like)
- 1 handful ice
- Add all the ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute!