I made you another pasta salad. I feel like pasta salads are like chicken recipes. You can never have too many good ones in your back pocket. Especially with summer here, we all want easy recipes that come together quickly. And last!! Welp, you can add this Grilled Broccolini, Corn & Tomato Pasta Salad to your list. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal or as a side to your weekend BBQ’s. Yup yup.
You can go ahead and use any type of short noodle that you like. I used fusilli, but I’ve also used bowties which are fun. At least they’re my definition of fun ? You guys know my obsession with grilled broccolini, right? I talk about it all the time on my Instagram stories and I eat it with everything! Why is it SO good?!? Combined with the sweet grilled corn and pop of fresh cherry tomatoes? Basically heaven, am I right?
Throw it all together in a big pot with a little lemony garlic dressing and BOOM POW done.
You’re welcome friends. Happy summer to you too.
Grilled Broccolini, Corn & Tomato Pasta Salad
- 1 pound fusilli pasta (or any short pasta)
- 8 ounces broccolini
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large handful torn basil
Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole grain (or dijon) mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While the water is coming to a boil, preheat your grill. Toss the broccolini with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until evenly coated. You might need to use your hands to massage the oil into the broccolini.
- Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray and add the broccolini and corn directly to the grill. Close cover and cook for about 3-5 minutes, tossing occasionally and turning corn every couple of minutes. Broccolini should be slightly charred and tender, but still crisp. The corn should not be cooked all the way through, but should begin to char on the outside.
- Let veggies cool while you cook the pasta. Add 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water, then add the pasta. Cook according to package. When pasta is done cooking drain and rinse under cool water for 10 seconds then transfer to a big bowl.
- Chop the broccolini into small pieces and cut the corn off the cob. Add the chopped broccolini, corn and halved tomatoes to the pasta. Now make the dressing.
- Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, mustard, salt and olive oil until well combined. Pour dressing over the pasta and toss to coat. Add the parmesan and fresh basil and stir. Serve at room temperature.