This salad. THIS SALAD! It’s all kinds of pretty! Do I dare talk about my texture obsession again, especially when it comes to salads! Sweet grilled apricots, crispy shaved radish, salty feta and those cute little pops of peas! It’s like salad heaven, and almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer is head to the farmers market and grab the most beautiful, fresh and local fruits and veggies, then throw them all into a salad and call it dinner. Really, it shouldn’t even be called cooking – it’s that easy.
A good salad is really all about two things.
#1. The dressing.
#2. The quality of ingredients.
I’m so excited to be partnering with Taylor Farms for this post! Thanks to their Organic Spinach Medley, this salad starts off on the right foot with organic, top quality greens! This mix contains a blend of spinach, arugula, and radicchio thats been triple washed and ready to use! Couldn’t be easier!
I LOVE the Taylor Farms products, especially in the summer when I’m making tons of salads and serving a crowd. Anything to make my life easier is a yes in my book!
My family is obsessing over apricots right now! Throwing them on the grill really helps to bring out the sweetness and gives them that nice smoky flavor we all know and love. You know, that summer grill taste. What’s better?
Now that you’ve got all your fresh ingredients, time to finish it off with an easy homemade basil scallion dressing. This stuff is GOOD. Real good.
Say hello to summer salads, because this beauty is about to be your new best friend.Print
A simple spring salad with sweet grilled apricots, salty feta, and a basil scallion dressing! The perfect salad for all your summer BBQ’s!
- 1 package Taylor Farms Organic Spinach Medley
- 2 apricots, halved and pits removed
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup shaved or thinly sliced radish
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
Basil Scallion Dressing
- 1 cup basil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat your grill to medium/high heat. Spray grill lightly and add the apricot halves. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side, then flip over and cook for another 5 minutes. Apricot should begin to char, but not become mushy. Remove and let cool.
- Add the Taylor Farms Organic Spinach Medley to a large bowl or serving platter, and add the peas, radish, feta, and diced apricots (once they’ve cooled).
- Make the dressing by blending all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve!
This post is sponsored by Taylor Farms. Thanks for supporting the brands that I love!