Goat Cheese & Walnut Crostini is the perfect appetizer or even lunch! Crispy bread, creamy cheese, and toasted walnuts with pomegranate seeds.
In my opinion, all good apps start with bread and cheese. Am I right? It’s hard to go wrong with a crispy piece of bread, spread with cheese and topped with something nutty and sweet. Enter my Goat Cheese & Walnut Crostini!
Especially this time of year we all need an easy-to- assemble appetizer that everyone will love. Let’s be real though, I could just have these and a glass of wine for dinner and be totally satisfied. These little Goat Cheese & Walnut Crostini go perfectly with a glass (or two) of this Select Red Blend by Cavit. This whole scene just looks and feels like the holidays, doesn’t it?
So gather round, pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy this delightful snack!
Goat Cheese & Walnut Crostini
- 1 large french baguette thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh herbs I used thyme and rosemary
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Honey for drizzling
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place sliced bread on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip bread over and repeat on the other side. Bake for 7-10 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Set aside to cool completely.
- 2) While bread bakes, add the goat cheese and herbs to a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- 3) Begin to assemble crostini. Spread some cheese onto each piece of bread. The top with walnuts, pomegranates, and a drizzle of honey!
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!