The most perfect salad! Grilled Chicken, Date, & Almond Salad has that just-right blend of salty, sweet, and crunchy.
I love a good salad. I would even go so far as to say I’ve perfected the homemade salad formula! You need a little crunch, you need a little sweet, and of course you need some protein for substance. This Grilled Chicken, Date, & Almond Salad checks all those boxes! It brings major flavor with tons of nutrition, too.
Grilled Chicken, Date, & Almond Salad
The salad itself is just four simple ingredients and it’s so yummy! I created this salad during quarantine using ingredients I found around my house and loved this combination so much I had to share.
- Lettuce – I used Romaine but you can use any kind you like!
- Dates – Chop ’em up! I don’t love raisins, but I LOVE dates in my salad. Dates actually last FOREVER…I’m talking months in the fridge! You can even freeze them. Hot tip: Keep dates on hand for when you need something sweet!
- Grilled chicken – Use leftovers from the night before, use a rotisserie chicken, or grill some up fresh!
- Almonds – Whatever you have in your pantry! Slivered, halved, chopped, anything you have.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressing
Making your own dressing takes your salads from “This is good!” to “YOU MADE THIS?!” Trust me, you want the second reaction. Homemade salad dressing is REALLY easy, too! For this salad, just whisk:
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
More Bomb Salads
- Spinach & Green Cabbage Citrus Salad with Pistachios
- Simple Spring Mix Salad
- Spring Pea Salad with Grilled Apricots & Feta
- Cabbage Salad with Apple, Cucumber, & Avocado
- Roasted Beet, Peach, & Crispy Chickpea Salad
The most perfect salad! Grilled Chicken, Date, & Almond Salad has that just-right blend of salty, sweet, and crunchy. You’ll love it!
For the salad:
- 4 cups chopped lettuce (romaine, spring mix, red leaf, any kind you like)
- ½ cup chopped, pitted dates
- 2 pieces of leftover grilled chicken, chopped (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup olive oil (add a little more if you like the dressing less tart)
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl or platter and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, mustard and maple syrup. Slowly whisk in the oil until well combined.
- Pour a little dressing over the salad and store the remaining dressing in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes! Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!