Raise your hand if you can relate to this…It’s 3pm, you’re STARVING, so you open the fridge (100 times), of course there’s NOTHING to eat even though there’s a fridge full of food. You head on over to the pantry, open and close it 50 times, but of course there’s nothing in there either. You go back and forth for about 5-10 minutes, all the while becoming increasingly more frustrated and even hungrier! So you cave, and go for a giant box of crackers with some cheese, the leftover cake on the counter, or a pre-packaged “protein” bar because it’s the fastest way to shove something in your mouth.
Who’s with me???
Well, move on over prepackaged snacks! I’ve got a quick and easy energy snack that’s gonna cure that late afternoon slump. If you have 5 minutes, you can make these. And they’ll last all week, or longer!
I made you balls! Energy balls! They’re easy and delicious to pull together, and you’ll only have to open the fridge one time!
They’re packed with oats, almond butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and even a little dark chocolate of course. And all it takes it one to satisfy that sweet, salty, midday snack craving.
I love these because they’re so versatile. You can play around with flavors you life to create your personal favorite snack bite.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 teaspoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1) In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, coconut flakes, oats, and fig jam until well combined. Add in the chia seeds, hemp seeds, vanilla, and chocolate chips. You may need to use your hands to mix together. If mixture is too dry you can add a little more almond butter to help it stick together. If it’s too wet, add a little more oats.
- 2) Form mixture into 12 balls and place in an airtight container. You can store these in the fridge for up to one week, or the freezer for one month.