Are so good.
How was your weekend? I wish I didn’t make and eat all of these before our Mother’s Day brunch, because I know how much everyone would have enjoyed them. Sorry mom.
My kids also gobbled these up which is great since they are packed with fruit and veggies.
The muffins, not my kids.
Also, this is a one bowl deal. Less mess is always a plus is my book. Easy, delicious, healthy, and dare I say… Moist! EEEEEEEEK, I can hardly type it without cringing.
Promise me you’ll make these as soon as humanly possible? You won’t be sorry.
Moist and delicious one bowl carrot apple muffins are packed with fruits and veggies.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 small apple (grated)
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Raw shelled hemp seeds for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with paper liners, or spray with nonstick baking spray and set aside. In a large bowl add the eggs, oil, banana, and honey and whisk until well combined. Add the sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and whisk again until throughly mixed.
- Add milk, carrots, and apple and stir to combine. Add the oats and almond meal and stir. Add flour and stir until just mixed.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full and top with chopped pecans and hemp seeds. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
These freeze great!
Adapted from Minimalist Baker