I must admit, my salads are typically a big hit at family gatherings, so much so that there is never enough for people to get seconds, or thirds. Aside from making two giant salads I don’t really know what other option I have?! I just don’t have a bowl big enough to satisfy everyone!
In my opinion it’s all about the varying textures and the dressing. MAKE YOUR OWN DRESSING! It’s worth it, I promise. And easy!
This salad has a super simple apple cider vinegar dressing that is just delightful and pairs perfectly with all the goodness in that bowl.
The most fun part about this salad is that you get to use my avocado slicing technique! You KNOW you want to try it!
Anyone else as excited as I am about Strawberry season? Is there anything better than biting into a fresh, ripe, sweet and juicy strawberry? Okay, maybe biting into a piece of this. Or downing 3-4 bowls of this. But OTHER than that, a good strawberry is a close second.
Spinach, Kale, & Strawberry Salad with Avocado, Almonds, & Goat Cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups kale
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1) In a large bowl add the spinach, kale, strawberries, avocado, almonds, and goat cheese. Set aside.
- 2) To make the dressing, whisk the apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and olive oil together until well combined. Lightly coat the salad with the dressing, toss, and serve!