Let’s talk carrots. Whyyyyyy are they so good? And why am i so late to the game on this whole roasted carrots situation?
They basically taste like candy, slow roasted in the oven with a drizzle of this…
I mean, CAN YOU EVEN? I feel like this dish is screaming spring and I’m surprisingly excited about it. I’m a cold weather girl through and through, but the one thing that can get me excited about warm weather is food.
You guys need to try these carrots. They’re great for meal prep early in the week, or they make a beautiful side dish for Passover, Easter or just a plain old Tuesday.
Can’t wait to see your creations!Print
These simple Oven Roasted Carrots w/ Cilantro Mint Sauce make the perfect side dish.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Cilantro Mint Sauce
- 1 large handful cilantro (about 1 cup)
- 1 small handful mint leaves (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the carrots on a parchment lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme until evenly coated. Roast for 1 hour until cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Add the cilantro, mint, red wine vinegar, salt and olive oil to a blender. Pulse until smooth and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve over carrots.