If you HAD to choose. Crumbly topping, or bubbly fruit?
It’s a no brainer for me. Crumbly topping all day eeeeeeer day. I could eat that stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I do. And the combination of the two? Explosion in your mouth, the perfect combination of sweet and tart. Add a little vanilla ice cream, and it’s a serious triple threat.
The cool thing about cobblers is that you can mix and match any kind of fruit you like. Choose your favorite or whatever is in season. I love the taste and color combination of pears and blueberries, and after many many many many many sooooo many tries to get the perfect crumble topping I’ve finally nailed it.
Another perk? Assemble them ahead of time, pop ’em in the fridge and bake them off just before serving. You can easily make this in one big dish, but I love the individual servings. Feels special. Also, it’s built in portion control, so unless you’re an animal you’re most likely not gonna go digging into your friends’ individual cobbler once you’ve devoured your own.
Although, I’d love to see someone try.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups peeled and chopped fresh pears
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter (diced)
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray four individual ramekins with cooking spray, place them on a parchment lined sheet pan and set aside.
- 2) In a medium bowl mix the blueberries, pears, sugar, and lemon juice until the fruit is well coated. Set aside while you make the topping.
- 3) In a food processor pulse the brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, and butter until well combined and mixture begins to come together into chunks.
- 4) Pour fruit evenly among the four ramekins and sprinkle the topping evenly over each one. I like my topping piled high! Bake for about 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Let sit for a few minutes before serving, or serve at room temperature. Great with vanilla ice cream!
I’m gonna go eat my cobbler alone in the closet. MINE.