There’s something so comforting about the combination of seafood and potatoes. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love it!
This Seafood & Potato Stew is kind of my happy place right now. It’s comforting, cozy, and even healthy! I used Potatoes USA petite potatoes as the hearty base for this stew, and they were simply perfect.
So creamy and flavorful, they paired so well with the tomato base and chunky seafood.
I love this dish because it’s easy enough to make for a weeknight meal, and good enough to make for a special occasion. Or even better? Cozy up by the fire with a blanket and a book, and a big bowl of this.
You’re heart will be happy.
Seafood & Potato Stew
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound petite potatoes, halved
- 2 (15 ounce) cans seafood stock
- ½ pound halibut, diced in 1 inch pieces
- ½ pound uncooked shrimp, (can also use another type of fish) peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the halibut and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the shrimp, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook for 3-5 more minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Serve immediately!