Attention all last minute shoppers!
I know you’re out there! Do you need a quick and easy last minute dish to complete your Thanksgiving table? I’ve gotcha covered with this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Black Rice, Dates, and Cashews.
I agree, salads on Thanksgiving are weird. But this to me, feels more like a side dish than a traditional salad. It’s hearty, healthy, and it’s full of great textures and flavor.
This season I’m kind of obsessing over these little gems. I love the sweet and tangy bite they add to a dish, and they’re just so gosh darn pretty!
Mmmm, this lemon caper dressing balances out the sweet dates, and bitter sprouts. YES PLEASE.
Just picture this pretty little salad next to a heaping pile of mashed taters, and boat load of gravy.
Balance my friends, balance.
This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Black Rice, Dates & Cashews is the perfect side dish for fall, Thanksgiving or any holiday!
- 10 ounces shaved or thinly sliced brussels sprouts (about 3–4 cups)
- 1 cup cooked black rice
- ½–¾ cup cashews
- 10 pitted dates (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
For the lemon caper dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently. Top with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
For the dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.