Attention all last minute shoppers!
I know you’re out there! Do you need a quick and easy last minute dish to complete your Thanksgiving table? I’ve gotcha covered with this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Black Rice, Dates, and Cashews.
Just picture this pretty little salad next to a heaping pile of mashed taters, and boat load of gravy.
Balance my friends, balance.Print
- 10 ounces shaved (or thinly sliced brussels sprouts (about 3–4 cups))
- 1 cup cooked black rice
- 1/2–3/4 cup cashews
- 10 pitted dates (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
For the lemon caper dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently. Top with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
For the dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.