The easiest and most delicious Salsa Verde Chicken that’s great for tacos, salads and more!
Ask and you shall receive! The easiest slow cooker Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken is here to stay. FOR-EV-ER.
Just because it’s busy back to school time, doesn’t mean we can’t have delicious home cooked meals during the week! And tell me this: is there anything more satisfying than walking in the door after a busy day and smelling your delicious dinner, all ready to enjoy, with minimal prep from you? NO! Nothing is more satisfying!
This Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken literally takes 3 minutes to prep. Three! And then you’re DONE. Throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning, and come home to a hot meal that night. Click here to see my favorite slow cooker!
I love to use the Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde. It’s a great price and SO GOOD. But really, you can use any salsa you like. How to serve this Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken:
- in tacos
- on top of rice
- as a quesedilla filling
- with a salad
- …or alone with a side of veg!
Your weeknight meals just got a facelift.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 jar salsa verde
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker in one single layer. Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin evenly over the chicken. Pour the jar of salsa on top of the chicken, making sure it’s all covered. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- With 30-60 minutes left of cooking time, remove the lid and using two forks, shred the chicken. It will seem like there’s a lot of liquid, but once all the chicken is shredded it will absorb most of the liquid. Continue to cook and keep warm until ready to serve. Add to tacos, salads, or serve on top of rice!
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot in one single layer. Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin evenly over the chicken. Pour the jar of salsa on top of the chicken, making sure it’s all covered. Give it a quick stir to make sure some salsa is on the bottom as well. Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Release pressure, remove the lid and take chicken out. On a cutting board using two forks, shred the chicken. It will seem like there’s a lot of liquid in the Instant Pot but once all the chicken is shredded it will absorb most of the liquid. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot and keep warm until ready to serve. Add to tacos, salads, or serve on top of rice!
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!