There’s no such thing as too many good muffin recipes.
Am I right? Especially a good and healthy muffin recipe. This zucchini muffin recipe has NO REFINED SUGAR! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You heard me. Healthy! Vegetables! Delish!
Because I know you need another zucchini recipe in your life. Don’t worry, soon it’ll be all pumpkin this, and pumpkin that. Just embrace it people.
These guys are light and fluffy, with just the right amount of sweetness. My kids devoured them.
I like em as muffins or in a loaf pan. Bread is bread. Just give it to me.
Delicious zucchini muffins lightly sweetened with maple syrup and honey.
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups grated zucchini (about 2–3 small zucchini)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Lightly spray muffin pans, or line with paper liners and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl combine the oil, eggs, syrup, honey, and vanilla. Whisk together until well combined, then add the zucchini and mix.
- In a large bowl add the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and zest, and mix to combine. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full and bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Optional glaze: Whisk together ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle over muffins and serve.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum