I’ve been CRAVING a really good side dish lately. Well, it’s more like a side dish/lunch/dinner/salad. I LOVE this Broccoli Quinoa Salad, like a lot.
It’s nothing fancy. In fact, it’s SO simple. But those are the best dishes in my opinion. When you have simple, fresh, good quality ingredients, it makes the best food.
I also love roasting broccoli. The crispy edges and perfectly tender center make for just the right consistency in this dish.
Finish it with a little parmesan and some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Voila!
It’s great alone, as a side, and it goes with EVERYTHING. Keep this one in your back pocket for sure.
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (about 4-5 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more to taste
- 1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a large sheet pan add the broccoli, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss until evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 16-18 minutes until broccoli begins to brown and is fork tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2) Add the cooked quinoa to a large bowl. Add the roasted broccoli, almonds, parmesan, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to combine and serve!