Hi friends! Happy New Year! I’m SO happy to be back planning, shooting, writing, eating, you know how it goes. Taking the past few weeks off was totally necessary and completely helped my emotional self re-charge. I couldn’t be more excited about plans for the blog in 2017! AND I’m so happy you’re here with me!
Please tell me I’m not the only one who feels like I should be eating salad for the next six months? You guys, what is my problem?!? I just kept eating and eating and eating over the holidays! It’s funny how our bodies crave such healthy foods after weeks of junk. This salad is my new best friend this week.
I’m certainly not a New Year’s Resolution kind of girl. I just can’t commit to a full year of something. I like to make short term resolutions or short term goals. It just feels more manageable, especially since my goals are always changing! And right now my goal is to get back to normal eating habits. This salad speaks my love language.
Crispy, crunchy, sweet and tangy. It hits all my favorite topics when it comes to a salad. Eat it as a side or add some protein to make it a full meal. I know it’s not gonna cancel out all the damage I did in December, but it’s a start!
Cheers to a healthy beginning in 2017. Let’s do this.
- 1 large bunch of Lacinato kale finely chopped
- 1 head romaine finely chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 persian cucumber diced
- 1/2 apple diced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1) In a large bowl add the kale, romaine, edamame, cucumber, apple and pine nuts. Set aside.
2) In a separate bowl whisk together the soy sauce, balsamic, honey, salt and olive oil until well combined. Pour just enough dressing to coat the salad and toss.