In my opinion, all good apps start with bread and cheese. Am I right? It’s hard to go wrong with a crispy piece of bread, spread with cheese and topped with something nutty and sweet.
Especially this time of year we all need an easy-to- assemble appetizer that everyone will love. Let’s be real though, I could just have these and a glass of wine for dinner and be totally satisfied. These little crostini go perfectly with a glass (or two) of this Select Red Blend by Cavit. This whole scene just looks and feels like the holidays, doesn’t it?
So gather round, pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy this delightful snack!
- 1 large french baguette, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese, slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh herbs (I used thyme and rosemary)
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Honey for drizzling
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place sliced bread on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip bread over and repeat on the other side. Bake for 7-10 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Set aside to cool completely.
- 2) While bread bakes, add the goat cheese and herbs to a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- 3) Begin to assemble crostini. Spread some cheese onto each piece of bread. The top with walnuts, pomegranates, and a drizzle of honey!