NEW OBSESSION ALERT. Grilled artichokes! Yes please, yes please , yes please! Or maybe it’s actually the garlic lemon mayo that’s causing the obsession? Either way, you gotta try this.
That char though. It’s the epitome of summer.
Do you guys love artichokes as much as I do? I was always intimidated by the thought of grilling them. I typically just steam. But I promise you , this couldn’t be easier.
Prepping the artichoke is the hardest part, and if you have a knife and a pair of scissors, you’re golden.
These puppies are perfectly delicious on their own, but add a dip of this super simple garlic-y lemon mayo and your taste buds will sing!
- 2 artichokes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Prepare the artichokes. Slice off about 1/2 inch from the top, and trim the stem until it's about 1-2 inches long. Using scissors, trim off the little thorns on all of the leaves. Slice each artichoke in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out all the inner hair until clean.
2) Fill a large pot with about 1 inch of water. Add a squeeze of lemon and 2 smashed cloves of garlic. Bring to a boil and add a steam basket into the pot. Place the artichokes face down on the steam basket, cover and turn heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Artichokes are cooked when you are easily able to pull a leaf from the outside.
3) Make the garlic lemon mayo. Mince one clove of garlic, and mix together with the lemon juice, mayo, and salt. Set aside.
4) Once artichokes are cooked, place them on a preheated grill and cook for 5-10 minutes, turning frequently, until nicely charred. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Warm up that grill!