One of most universally adored breakfast staples? Fluffy Scrambled Eggs! This recipe makes the tastiest eggs in no time.
One of the most classic breakfast dishes? Scrambled eggs. Aaw, yeah! My kids request them all the time, Zach and I both love them, they’re a total staple. This is my method for getting the Best Ever Fluffy Scrambled Eggs that come out just right every time. No overcooked, rubbery scrambled eggs on my watch!
Ingredients for Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
You guessed it: I’m keeping it totally simple here.
- Butter (or ghee!)
Once you have the method down, you can add ingredients like cheese, extra seasonings, or toppings like salsa or avocado. Make ’em your own! It’s egg-celent! (I had to include at least one egg pun!)
How to Get Perfect Scrambled Eggs
There are a couple tricks to getting those A+ eggs every single time. I like to…
- Whisk them well! Make sure the eggs, water, and pinch of salt are totally incorporated together. Do this while your pan heats up.
- Use a bit of butter or ghee to grease the pan, pour the eggs in, and use a rubber spatula to push the eggs from the edges of the pan into the center. Do this until they start to scramble.
- Just keep scraping, just keep scraping! Have patience and keep pushing the eggs toward the center of the pan.
- Just before they’re done to your liking, turn the pan off! They’ll do that last little bit of cooking and be just right by the time you put them on your plate.
More Eggy Breakfasts
- Open Face Breakfast Sandwich
- Breakfast Tacos
- Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs
- Loaded Frittata Muffins
Food photography by Ashley CuocoPrint
This recipe makes the most perfect scrambled eggs, every single time.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over low/medium heat. Meanwhile add the eggs, water and pinch of salt to a bowl and whisk well.
- Once the pan is preheated, turn heat to low and add butter. Add the whisked eggs and using a rubber spatula, gently push the eggs from the outside of the pan toward the center until eggs begin to scramble.
- Continue doing this, scraping down the sides as you push the eggs toward the center of the pan. Just before the eggs are fully cooked to your liking, turn off the heat as they will continue to cook. Serve immediately.