Soft, buttery, and delicious scrambled eggs FOR A CROWD? Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs are a game changer!
Picture this: it’s morning. Your stomach is growling. Your family is hungry for breakfast. Maybe you even have company over for brunch! Scrambled eggs seem like a good idea, but you don’t want to slave over a hot stove all morning! Plus, who has a pan big enough to cook a DOZEN eggs on the stove top? Not me! Solution: Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs!
Why Scramble Eggs in the Oven?
If you’re only scrambling a few eggs, it wouldn’t be necessary! But if you’re feeding more than a couple people, Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs are going to be your new BFF.
- They feed a crowd
- You don’t need to slave over a hot stove for several batches of eggs
- You only need a baking dish, not a massive pan
- It frees up your stove top to cook other breakfast goodies (like my adorable Bunny Pancakes!)
What to Put in Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs
This is where you can get creative! If you’re feeling fancy, you can throw in a little bit of something extra to make these Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs your own. Keep in mind that anything you add in should be already cooked. We don’t want raw meat or veggies messing with the cooking time here!
- Fresh herbs
- Cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken would be great)
- Cheese (all the cheese! Imagine how melty that cheese would get!)
- Roasted veggies (use those leftovers!)
Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs Without Milk
This recipe has 2/3 cup of milk in it, which just helps to make the eggs fluffy, light, and creamy! You can use any kind of milk, though. Nut milk, seed milk, coconut milk…whatever you enjoy! You can also butter your baking dish with margarine or your favorite butter alternative to make dairy-free Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas
Hosting a brunch with friends? Just want to up your breakfast game? I’ve got you covered! Here are some more breakfast dishes I think you’ll love:
- Breakfast Tacos
- Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Loaded Frittata Muffins
- Parmesan Quinoa Bowl w/ Crispy Fried Egg
- Artichoke & Goat Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Power Protein Pancakes
- Zucchini Mushroom Frittata
Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk (any kind)
- chives (chopped, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Use the butter to grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and add the salt and milk. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture into dish and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and use a spatula to stir eggs. They should be just starting to form but still very soft.
- Place the eggs back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove and stir again. If they're not yet at your desired consistency, put them back in for a few minutes at a time, stirring each time you check on them.
- Once eggs are at a soft scramble, remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh chopped chives. Serve immediately.
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!