Pizza Day has become one of my most favorite days of the month! One, because of the obvious…PIZZA. And two, eating pizza in celebration of two fabulous people.
I’m totally loving this pizza right now. It’s simple, a little sweet, a little creamy, and of course a lot crunchy. THAT CRUST!
Are you a crust person? Please say you’re a crust person. If you’re one of those people who leaves the crust, I’m not sure we can be friends. More importantly, are you a bubble person? I’m SO a bubble person. It’s the first thing I look for when I’m deciding which piece to grab!
Also, how obsessed am I with figs?! Very! They are perfect on top of this pizza!
Paired with that creamy buratta and sweet honey! To die for!
I hope you’re celebrating Pizza Day with me! And if you are, do yourself a favor and make this!
Fig & Buratta Pizza
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough or store bought, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 8-10 fresh black figs halved
- 8 ounces buratta
- Handful of greens spinach or kale
- Torn basil for garnish
- 1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread the dough into a circle on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- 2) Brush oil onto pizza dough. Sprinkle on evenly the fontina cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
- 3) Remove from oven and top with figs, buratta, and greens. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes then remove and garnish with basil and a drizzle of honey! YUM!