This family-favorite Crispy Baked Buttermilk Chicken is soaked in buttermilk, then lightly dredged in flour, egg, and cornflake crumbs
OH-EM-GEE. Favorite new chicken recipe, right here folks! Yep, this is the one. Crispy Baked Buttermilk Chicken is one of those quick and easy recipes the whole family will love…kids, too! Crispy cornflake crumbs give a tasty, crunchy exterior while the chicken inside cooks soft, tender, and delicious.
What do you need to make this crispy chicken?
This is a super-simple recipe. Chances are you already have everything (or almost everything!) you need already in the pantry. You’ll be cooking with…
- Garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Cornflake crumbs or panko
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley and lemon, for garnish
What to serve with Crispy Baked Buttermilk Chicken…
I know with back to school happening, weeknights can be a bit cray cray. Lighten your load a little and add this to the weekly rotation. Here are some super simple and delicious sides you could serve this main dish with…
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn
- Easy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Skillet Broccolini
- Sauteed Zucchini, Corn, & Mint Salad
- Easy Cauliflower Tots
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake (for dessert, of course!)
And if I were you, I’d double the recipe. That way you have plenty for seconds (trust me, everyone will want seconds!) and it makes great leftovers for lunch the next day. That’s my kind of recipe!Print
This family-favorite chicken is soaked in buttermilk, then lightly dredged in flour, egg, and cornflake crumbs.
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken cutlets)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 ½ cups corn flake crumbs (or panko)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 thin slices of lemon
- 1) Place the chicken and buttermilk in a large zip lock bag and coat well. Place in the fridge to sit for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- 2) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3) In a shallow bowl combine the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Beat the eggs in a separate shallow bowl and set aside. Add the cornflake crumbs and the parmesan onto a third shallow bowl. Line up the three bowls creating an assembly line. First the flour mixture, then the eggs, then the cornflakes.
- 4) Working with one at a time, dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in cornflakes, pressing to coat. Make sure to shake off any excess after dipping in each bowl. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken.
- 5) Add a small pat of butter on top of each chicken breast. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn chicken over and bake for another 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Garnish each piece of chicken with a slice of lemon and chopped parsley.