Garlic & Fennel Mushroom Pizza is the perfect combination for a crowd pleasing simple pizza!
This is basically like heaven on pizza if you ask me. Sweet fennel, caramelized mushrooms a fresh pop of spinach kinda of tastes like a party in my mouth.
Are you over my fennel obsession yet? No? Oh good, me neither. Yes? Ok, sorry not sorry ?.
I find myself wanting/needed homemade pizza about once a month. Maybe more, and I must admit this is one of my faves. You can find all my pizza recipes here!
Garlic, sweet fennel, caramelized mushrooms and a fresh pop of spinach make this pizza a favorite!
- 1 pizza dough, homemade or store bought at room temp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms, (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock or white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- red pepper flakes
- large handful chopped fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, shallot and fennel. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 7-10 minutes until fennel is soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds. Add the stock and scrape up any bits from the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook for another minute or two until liquid is gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease a baking sheet and flatten out pizza dough. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle evenly with oregano.
- Sprinkle cheese over dough and add the fennel mushroom mixture. Sprinkle on the spinach. Bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove and sprinkle red pepper flakes and a pinch of sea salt. Slice and serve!