Gluten free doesn’t always mean healthy. Gluten free also doesn’t always mean gross. It means exactly what it says. Gluten free! While there’s no gluten, there are many other delicious ingredients that can make even a gluten free cookie A-MAZING!
Did I mention this is a one bowl gig? I’m into it. You can also make these dairy free by leaving out the chocolate chips. Although, I know there are some chocolate chips that are considered dairy free, so in that case, the more the merrier!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter ( a natural drippy peanut butter works best)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl add the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, egg, and vanilla. Blend until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet and set aside. Remove cookie dough from the fridge and make golf ball size balls and bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 1-2 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.