You need these in your life. Your kids need these in their lives. I know you’ve been waiting, and I’m sorry it took so long, but here they are! Spinach Breakfast Muffins. I feel like they can be eaten for breakfast for two reasons. 1. There’s spinach in them. ????
2. There’s no refined sugar.
Everybody likes them, everybody eats, everybody wins.
I always make my go-to banana bread when I’m in the mood for baking, but these come in as a close second. They’re super easy to make and actually pretty darn delicious.
My kids beg for them, which is the most important part. In fact, I’m going to make some right now! And you should too!
A healthy, refined sugar free muffin that’s great for breakfast, snack or anytime!
- 3 super ripe bananas
- 1 egg ((can sub for flax egg))
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil ((or coconut oil))
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line with paper liners or grease a muffin tin and set aside. Add the bananas, egg, vanilla, spinach, sugar, oil, hemp hearts and flax into a blender. Blend together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until well combined.
- Fill muffin tins about 1/2-3/4 full and bake for 18-20 min.