A quick and easy Broccoli Pasta with outstanding flavor! Make it quick with fresh broccoli, garlic and lemon.
Every time I ask what kind of recipes you guys want, I get a bunch of requests for quick, easy weeknight meals that everyone will love. This recipe checks all of those boxes while sneaking some green veggies into your pasta night! I’ll take it. My Broccoli Pasta has just a couple ingredients, but combined, they pack a really tasty punch.
Olive Oil Pasta Sauce
Since the olive oil is the main ingredient in the sauce (other than broccoli, of course!), I suggest going with the nicest olive oil you can find. I promise you’ll taste a difference. It will feel like an authentic Italian restaurant Broccoli Pasta!
Ingredients in Broccoli Pasta
The list is short but delicious! I love how easy it is to keep these ingredients on hand, especially since this is a favorite that gets requested regularly! You’ll be cooking Broccoli Pasta with…
- Your favorite kind of short pasta
- Lemon (of course!)
- Olive oil (splurge on the good stuff. I promise it’s worth it!)
- Red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan for serving
More Pasta Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot Pasta
- Lemony Pasta with Kale & Parmesan
- Butternut Squash Skillet Pasta
- Parmesan Chicken Baked Ziti
- Turkey Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
Food photography by Ashley Cuoco
A quick and easy Broccoli Pasta with SO MUCH flavor! Make it quick with pasta, broccoli, garlic, and lemon.
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (or 1 head)
- 1/2 pound short pasta
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, (minced)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of half a lemon
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add about 1 tablespoon of salt and return to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook for about 2-3 minutes until just tender. Remove broccoli from pot and set aside. Do not drain water. Use the same water to cook the pasta.
- Bring water back to a boil and add the pasta. Cook according to package, about 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, make the broccoli sauce. Roughly chop the broccoli and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chopped broccoli, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Once the pasta is cooked, reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and add the pasta directly into the pan, top with grated Parmesan cheese, and toss to combine. If sauce needs to be thinned out, add some pasta water. Serve immediately!
Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes! Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!