Warm, spiced apples and a buttery, crunchy topping make this Easy Apple Crisp one of the best desserts I’ve ever had!
Three words: Best. Recipe Ever. This Easy Apple Crisp is easily one of my very favorite desserts I’ve ever made, which is saying A LOT! I’m usually such a chocolate dessert person! Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, brownies…those are usually my jam. But this one isn’t just good-for-a-fruity-dessert. It’s GOOD good.
The Best Easy Apple Crisp
What makes this one of the best dessert recipes ever? We’ve got two specific, delicious elements hard at work to make this one shine…
- A buttery, crunchy topping. The secret is in the CRUNCH! A crisp like this one is 100% about the topping, and I think I’ve perfected it.
- Warm, spiced, delicious apples. Isn’t there something nostalgic and comforting about a cooked apple?
Apple Crisp for Thanksgiving
This recipe will absolutely be on my table at Thanksgiving this year. It’s easier to make and, in my opinion, BETTER than pie! Easy Apple Crisp is a year-round dessert though. Middle of summer? A spring evening? I’ll be first in line to serve up a bowl of this any time.
Easy Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
Let’s talk ice cream, because you can’t pull a warm Apple Crisp out of the oven without someone reaching for the ice cream scoop. I actually feel conflicted on this right now! A bowl of warm crisp with vanilla ice cream melting over it is…well, that’s just heaven right there. This recipe is SO GOOD by itself though that you really don’t need the ice cream for an amazing dessert! Follow your heart on this one, friends.
More Fruity Desserts
If you’d like to keep making desserts that impress and feature some delicious, flavorful fruit (I hope you’re nodding your head YES!) you may want to check out some of these recipes…
- Plum Crumble
- Almond Berry Gallette
- Lemon Vanilla Butter Cake
- Puff Pastry Apple Tarts
- Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
Easy Apple Crisp
- 4 pounds apples, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, zested then juiced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×10 or 9×12 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the apples, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Use a large spoon or clean hands to toss until the apples are evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Now make the crisp topping. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar salt, oats, and cold butter. Mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly. (You can also do this by hand in a large bowl and use your hands to make the crumbly mixture). Scatter evenly over the apples.
- Place the crisp on a sheet pan and bake for 1 hour until the top is brown and the apples are bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!