If you want to grill an easy, quick, versatile, healthy AND delicious recipe, Grilled Fish Packets are going to be an instant favorite.
Not long ago I asked on Instagram what kind of recipes you’d like to see around here. So many of the responses I got said GRILLING! You want to grill your dinner and I totally get it. In the summer especially, there is nothing better than a meal made and eaten outside. The first thing that came to mind are these SUPER easy Grilled Fish Packets that are completely versatile! You know how much I love that.
Grilled Fish Packets are SO easy to make
I’m talking 5 minutes of prep, 10-12 minutes to cook kind of easy. You can even prepare these ahead of time and then pop them on the grill when you’re ready to eat!
What kind of fish is best for grilling?
There’s no hard and fast rule here! Really, your favorite fish will be great in these packets. The great thing about grilling in a packet is that even a fine and delicate fish that would usually fall apart on the grill will work here because the foil protects it! I use halibut in this recipe but you could try:
What kind of vegetables are best for grilling?
Just like with the kind of fish you use, this recipe is so versatile you can mix it up with the veggies too! Some of my favorites for grilling:
- Onion (I always add onion in for flavor!)
- Bell peppers
Grilled Fish Packets are great for entertaining
Since these are so easy to pull together and can be prepped ahead of time, they’re a great choice for a relaxed summer evening with friends! You could also serve them buffet style and let everyone assemble their own packet with their choice of vegetables.
What else can I grill?
Once you start grilling, you won’t want to stop! Here are a couple other delicious recipes you can make on the grill:
- Grilled Artichokes with Garlic Lemon Mayo
- Zucchini Apple Turkey Sliders
- Herb Grilled Chicken w/ Fresh Corn Salsa
- Grilled Steak Kabobs
- Grilled Flank Steak with Spinach Pesto
- Grilled Summer Salad
If you want to grill an easy, quick, versatile, healthy, AND delicious recipe, Grilled Fish Packets are going to be an instant favorite
- 4 small zucchini, diced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cracked lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 (6 ounce) pieces Halibut (can use any fish you like)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat. Meanwhile assemble the fish packets. Lay out 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil. Place an equal amount of zucchini, shallots and corn in the center of each foil packet. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the veggies and sprinkle veggies with salt, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Place a few sprigs of thyme on the veggies.
- Place one piece of fish in each packet directly on top of the veggies and sprinkle fish with a little extra salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Add one tablespoon of butter on top of the fish.
- Fold up the sides of each packet sealing around the edges. Leave a little space at the top of the packet for steam to escape.
- Place directly on the grill, close the cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until fish is cooked through. Remove from heat and carefully open the packet and squeeze over some fresh lemon juice. Eat out of the packet or transfer to a plate and enjoy! Add some hot sauce if you're feeling spicy! 😉
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!