Almonds, peas, asparagus, and cilantro make this Herbed Spring Rice Pilaf the perfect side!
I love this quick a flavorful rice pilaf! It’s the perfect base for a complete meal with in-season veggies. My Herbed Spring Rice Pilaf brings all of my favorite flavors together into a gorgeous side dish that gets rave reviews every time. It also reheats really well, so if you make a double batch you can enjoy some for lunch the next day, too. Weeknight rockstar!
Ingredients in Herbed Spring Rice Pilaf
This ingredient list has some of my favorite things.
- Chopped asparagus
- A squeeze of lemon (my secret ingredient always!)
How to Serve an Herbed Spring Rice Pilaf
Don’t you love saying rice pilaf? It sounds like a restaurant side, but all it means is that we’re cooking the rice in broth and adding veggies. It makes for a more interesting kind of rice side dish with more variety! You can serve this Herbed Spring Rice Pilaf with:
- Moroccan Baked Fish with Chickpeas
- Grilled chicken (or my Grand Marnier Chicken!)
- Honey Glazed Salmon
- Best Baked Crab Cakes
More of My Favorite Side Dishes
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Lemony Sauteed Kale with Fennel
- Easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Skillet Broccolini
Almonds, peas, asparagus, and cilantro make this Herbed Spring Rice Pilaf the perfect side! It’s great for weeknights or entertaining.
- 1 cup white basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- large handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Rinse and drain the rice in a fine mesh strainer. Add to a small pot with the water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, cover and turn heat to low and simmer. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Heat a separate large pan over medium/high heat. Add oil to the pan along with the asparagus and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork and add to a large bowl. Add the asparagus mixture, chopped cilantro and the juice from both the lemon and lime. Toss well, add salt and pepper to taste and serve as a side or as a base to chicken, fish or steak!
Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes! Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes and Weekly Inspiration delivered to your inbox every week!