A simple Arugula, Apple, and Avocado Salad! A refreshing side dish to your meal. Dress it with a balsamic, mustard, and maple syrup vinaigrette!
Say hello to my favorite salad! Everyone who tries this Arugula, Apple & Avocado Salad falls in love. It’s colorful, has great textures, and perfect for any time of year. I’m constantly making this for family gatherings and it’s always a hit! I also got tons of requests for perfect salads when I asked for March recipe requests. Happy to oblige!
Homemade Arugula, Apple, & Avocado Salad Dressing
I think the secret to this salad (and any salad) is the dressing. MAKE YOUR OWN DRESSING PEOPLE! (Sorry for all the yelling) Seems scary? It’s not. It’s easy, and it makes all the difference!
Once you get good at making your own dressing you’ll never buy another store bought one again. Also, your guests don’t realize that they know they difference, but they do. Every time I make my own dressing, without fail, I get compliments on the salad. It’s worth it. Whisk a few ingredients together and BOOM, you’re done. This dressing will stay good in the fridge for about a week or two, so make extra!
Getting Kids to Eat Salad
There are a good number of ingredients in this Arugula, Apple, & Avocado Salad, but it’s actually super easy to make. If you have kids who roll their eyes at a salad try giving them a deconstructed plate of these ingredients. For some reason everything separated feels less “EW, VEGGIES!” than a bowl of salad. Good trick, I know! Plus, that homemade dressing on the side for dipping…yum. They’ll ask for seconds!
More Salads I Love
- The Best Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Spring Pea Salad with Grilled Apricots & Feta
- Spinach & Green Cabbage Citrus Salad with Pistachios
- BBQ Chicken Kale Salad
- Simple Spring Mix Salad
A simple arugula, apple, and avocado salad! A refreshing side dish to your meal. Dressed with a balsamic, mustard, and maple syrup vinaigrette!
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup chopped romaine
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup corn
- ½ apple, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (or any nut you like)
- ¼ shredded parmesan cheese
Maple Balsamic Dressing
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl add the arugula, romaine, cucumber, corn, apple, avocado and almonds. Toss with a little bit of dressing (you won’t need it all). Add more dressing as needed. Top with parmesan cheese and serve!
Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes! Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!